*2019 Crossing Stats Available Visit: https://smartbordercoalition.com/blog/facts-and-figures
WAIT TIMES INTO THE U.S. San Ysidro - All Traffic: Vehicles: 1:00 Pedestrians: no delay Ready Lanes: Vehicles: 0:30 Pedestrians: no delay Sentri Lanes: Vehicles: no delay
Otay Mesa - All Traffic: Vehicles: 0:20 Pedestrians: no delay Ready Lanes: Vehicles: 0:20 Pedestrians: N/A Sentri Lanes: Vehicles: Lanes Closed Cargo Standard: Update Pending Cargo FAST: Update Pending
Tecate - All Traffic: Vehicles: Update Pending Pedestrians: Update Pending Ready Lanes: Vehicles: Update Pending Pedestrians: Update Pending Sentri Lanes: Vehicles: Update Pending
WAIT TIMES INTO MEXICO Tijuana - I-5: No Wait I-805: No Wait
Which Travel Documents Can I Use to Enter into the U.S.?
You are an adult and a U.S. citizen:
U.S. citizens may present a valid U.S. passport; Passport Card; enhanced driver’s license; Trusted Traveler Program card (SENTRI or Global Entry); U.S. military identification card when traveling on official orders; U.S. Merchant Mariner document when traveling in conjunction with official maritime business; or Form I-872 American Indian Card, or Enhanced Tribal Card.
You are a U.S. minor citizen:
U.S. citizen children under the age of 16 (or under 19, if traveling with a school, religious, or other youth group) must present a valid passport, birth certificate or other proof of citizenship. The birth certificate can be original, a photocopy, or a certified copy.
You are a U.S. lawful permanent resident:
U.S. lawful permanent residents are required to present their permanent resident card (Green Card / Form I-551) or other valid evidence of permanent residence status.
You are a Mexican citizen residing in Mexico:
Mexican citizens residing in Mexico, including children, are required to present a passport with visa or a Border Crossing Card.
Certain other foreign nationals or aliens:
Other foreign nationals or aliens entering the U.S. are generally required to present a passport and valid visa issued by a U.S. consular official, unless they are citizens of a country eligible for the Visa Waiver Program or are a lawful permanent resident of the U.S. or citizen of Canada.


Which Items Do the U.S. and California Limit or Prohibit from Bringing from Mexico?

No firearms or ammunition may be transported across the border without advance official permission from both Mexico and the U.S. Doing so without permission is a serious crime.

Any illegal drug. Persons found to be transporting illegal drugs expose themselves to severe legal penalties.

The amounts of alcoholic beverages are limited.

Certain prescription medications are prohibited.

Some fresh vegetables, cut flowers, animal products, birds, and horses are prohibited.

Gifts and personal items acquired in Mexico whose value exceeds the U.S. $800 exemption must be declared and are generally subject to duty.

Switchblade knives, sea turtle boots, or any other articles of endangered species (i.e. spotted cats, coral, crocodiles, elephants, etc.).

All agricultural products must be declared. Many fresh fruits, including oranges, are prohibited.

Cuban cigars may be imported, if for personal use.

There are four types of lanes you can take when coming into the United States: All Traffic, Ready, SENTRI and Medical.

Taking the wrong lane can lead to more complicated processing, delays, and, potentially, a large fine.


These lanes are the least restrictive and often the slowest.
To use this lane you need to have one of these documents:
arrow_forward U.S. passport card
arrow_forward Enhanced driver license
arrow_forward Enhanced Tribal Card
arrow_forward Permanent Resident Card
arrow_forward Border Crossing Card
arrow_forward SENTRI Card / GLOBAL Entry
Learn More
arrow_forward Birth Certificate


All passengers must have a document incorporating a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) chip:
To use this lane you need to have one of the following:
arrow_forward Ready Lane Card
arrow_forward SENTRI / GLOBAL Entry
Learn More
arrow_forward Permanent Resident Card

Sentri Lanes

SENTRI is the acronym for Secure Electronic Network for Travelers Rapid Inspection. The vehicle must also have SENTRI registration.
To use this lane you need to have one of these documents:
arrow_forward SENTRI Card
Learn More
arrow_forward GLOBAL Entry


Consult with your Mexican doctor, hospital, or clinic.
To use this lane you need to have the following:
arrow_forward Electronic Medical Pass
Learn More
Are you thinking of crossing into the US?
We offer the most accurate wait times on the internet.